Thoughts on the Election from Doug Phillips
Doug Phillips assures us that there are some things this election won't change
- God is still on the throne.
- The Scriptures are still the only rule of action for Christians.
- The duty of believers at the ballot box is the same today as it has always been. We may only select leaders who meet the Scriptural requirements for civil magistrate. Leaders need not be perfect, but they must be qualified.
- The obedient response of the elect of God to the Lord Jesus Christ and His law-word, not Muslim extremists, political activists, or the results of presidential elections, is the key to national blessing.
- The results of the presidential election, regardless of who wins, will work together for the good of the elect of God.
Doug also reminds us of our responsibility as believers
American Christians have a biblical duty to pray for, love, and honor the chief magistrate in our nation. We also have a duty to help our President by holding him accountable to his oath of office to uphold the Constitution, and his non-optional, biblical duties to uphold and enforce the moral law of God.
"And we know that all things work together for good to those who love God, to those who are called according to His purpose. For whom He foreknew, He also predestined to be conformed to the image of His Son, that He might be the firstborn among many brethren" (Romans 8:28-29).
Labels: Elections, Religion